Thursday, December 31, 2009

A single new year

I am so ready for 2010. There is a lot of deceit and sadness to leave behind. I am already a lot better off than I was when I was being jerked around.

I have several goals for myself, and I am now coming to accept that I will probably be achieving them without somebody with whom to share the accomplishments. I have pretty much found the online dating thing to be a fruitless endeavor. I will still try, because I have faith in myself, and I have set for myself a date of September to stick it out. I have made some interesting observations and discoveries about the online dating world in general, and my local pool in particular. I may need to drop my current service and try one with a different crowd. I probably also need to come to grips with the reality that the Bay Area really isn't for me. I may need to choose to leave the job that I enjoy (and often love) for a place that I can be happy, with whatever job that I can find.

But I have more than enough time to see if anything comes of the Bay Area scene, nine months is a fair shake. There is a lot to do during 2010 in my hopper already, and it may be that by the time somebody decides to really find out how awesome I am, my dance card will already be full of single-me trips. Better for the dog, she gets a lot more attention :D Maybe I'll give her a kiss at midnight...

3 comments:

incessant_din said...

Wow, that sounded a bit bitter... Should have written it after my evening run :)

a girl that likes bread said...

but if you moved...where would you go? bay area is the bestest place in the world! maybe another city WITHIN the bay, they all have such different personalities...

incessant_din said...

Hey, I'm allowed to wallow in some self pity and melancholy from time to time! I had to leave some bad stuff behind in 2009, and what better place to leave bad thoughts than the internet? It's like they can be with family.

Like a sign, the captcha for this post is "ovedge", which looks like teh internets trying to get me to do something stupid. Creepy.

I will probably move within the BA first, mainly to be closer to work. The big problem is that I have lived outside the BA, so it is easy to picture a better place to live. On the other hand, I have also worked at a job other than the one I have now, so it is easy to picture a bad job.