Friday, December 11, 2009

Service with a smile

I'm finally being served! The mediator JUST got around to filing the petition on behalf of my FW (We decided she should be petitioner and me respondent). Now I can be served. Then I can respond. Then we sign some disclosures. Then we wait for judgment, assuming the papers pass the clerk reviews.

FW and I had a nice long conversation today after returning from the mediator. She looked to be in better health than in the last few months, when she had a stream of colds and such. My health, knock on wood, has been great. I have my interpretation of those facts, but I don't bother to share that with her...

In any event, I am totally ready to move on. I feel great about myself and I am over wanting her. Once we have the judgment, I can get to work trying to start my side business without worrying about some lingering entanglement.

Now I can be divorced! I'm a real boy! Broken, but no longer in limbo. Out of the ether and into the scratch and dent bin with the other divorced masses.

2 comments:

Marry said...

I hope things go well for you.

I found out my husband cheated on February 17th and I filed on the February 23rd... I went to court on May 19th and received my divorce.

It gave me the relief I needed. I needed to be free from his addictions and deceit and sadly the confirmation of the judge gave that to me.

So I welcome you to the world of divorcees and I am a platinum member... with this being my 3rd divorce. I have just not been able to keep a man from wandering.... well actually it is probably that I am not being selective enough.

Anyway, sorry to ramble... the jest of what I am saying is Congrats.

incessant_din said...

Thanks! Things seem to be looking up for me. Divorce is taking layers of bad off with the painful scrubbing, and I am happy for that.

There is still a lot of cool stuff I can do with my life, and if I am meant to have a cool chick to share it with, then it will happen. No rush.

Being single sucks, but being tossed aside sucks more. I will take single, with potential rejection from somebody that I haven't decided to care about, over another divorce any day.